Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Introduction



   During the short fourteen years of my life, I have been called a “walking dictionary”, “Little Delgado” (given to me by the constant association to my older sister), and “Lauren Actually” (a pun on my actual name, Lauren Ashley, due to my extensive use of the word actually at the age of 3). While each of these nicknames provides a somewhat relative description of me; my favorite is still the portrayal of Renaissance woman, as I was called by a colleague of my father’s. I believe this is specifically well suited due to my well-rounded personality. Though I am not typically exceptional at any one thing in particular, I enjoy music of all sorts, ranging from classical to contemporary, and play both violin and viola. I have played soccer, basketball, and softball. I enjoy writing and reading extensively, as well as drawing and painting. Unfortunately this leads to the predicament of self definition, or lack of it. With a logical and analytical mind, I often found myself listening and observing behavior of those around me, which in turn lead to others confiding in me, even if we are not well acquainted. Aside from that, I have a great love for science and the study of the natural world. One of my earliest memories is of my comprehension of relativity of time after reading a children’s biography on Einstein. Independence has also been a theme of my memories, whether it was wandering off at daycare, or finishing activities without the aid of other peers or teachers. This was not so much due to an introverted mindset but more dependant on a curiosity and excitement from discovering something new. Sometimes, I am unfortunately described as hardheaded when coming to meeting and exceeding the expectations I hold for myself. On a lighter note, I enjoy anything that involves humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment